- This topic is empty.
January 15, 2020 at 10:13 pm #3699adminKeymaster
The following rules govern the use of our forums. Users are also responsible for following forum-specific rules posted at the tops of individual sub-forums.
Each member is responsible for only his or her own posts. If another member breaks rules, you may ignore them or report the problem to the moderators, but you may not use it as an excuse to break rules yourself.
Volunteer moderators help us manage the forums and enforce the forum rules. The moderators cannot read every message, so they rely on members to report problem posts that they encounter. The point of moderation is not to limit discussion, promote or suppress points of view, or any other agenda. The goal of moderation is to keep the forums enjoyable and free from problems that detract from the experiences of our users.
These offences can result in temporary or permanent account suspension. If you get a warning, please conduct yourself accordingly.
- Insults: Direct personal insult of another forum member and other name-calling. People should be able to discuss or even dispute other’s posts without insulting people. You may dispute somebody’s opinion but not attack the person who stated it. There are a lot of other indirect insults that won’t necessarily get your account immediately terminated, but depending on the context/nature may lead to post-editing, post deletion, warnings, or time-outs. They include telling people to shut up or being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It’s not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Simply, don’t make discussions unnecessarily personal. If somebody else insults you, report their post; their post does not give you a license to break the rules by returning their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
- Harassment: Purposely intimidating another member, harassing them, sending them abusive, hateful or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on administrators & moderators.
- Threats: Any threat or intimation of a threat.
- Explicit content: No posting of or linking to content that is sexually explicit, obscene or pornographic.
- Profanity: No profanity, use of offensive language (e.g., racist or hateful terms).
- Multiple registrations: You may register only one account.
- Trolling: Do not post in order to purposefully anger and aggravate other members.
General Community Guidelines
- Be respectful towards other forum members. Be kind! We aim to provide a friendly, supportive and fun community for our members. Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Try and resolve a dispute with another member respectfully via direct message or optionally, report an offending post to a moderator using the report function. Do not take your complaint to the public forums.
- Do not post content that reveals the personal information of another person.
- Respect Hijab Forum’s Administrators and Moderators and follow their instructions and directions.
- Keep threads on topic. Start threads in the most appropriate forums.
- Do not post or link to messages or content that violate any federal laws which include, but are not limited to, materials that violate a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or which violates a person’s privacy or contractual right.
- Do not post or link to materials if you do not have permission to copy or distribute them electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images copied from another website (hotlinking).
- Please post in English only, and refrain from excessive text message shorthand posting (or “text speak”). We will be expanding to various languages and will post
- Linking to or promotion of other fashion-related online forums or groups is prohibited. However, referencing another forum via a link to credit an original author of a story, information or image is permitted.
Buying/Selling on the Hijab Forum
- Public selling/buying/trading is not permitted on Hijab Forum. Want-To-Buy or Want-To-Sell posts will be deleted.
- Soliciting your items for sale or desire to buy via direct messages to other members is prohibited.
Your purpose in joining Hijab Forum or posting should not be to promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to your site, blog, product, or business. Contact us if you want to advertise on Hijab Forum.
- Self-promotion. Self-promotional links to your blog, social media channel, product, business, etc. are limited to your forum signature and your Profile Details. You are welcome to embed images from your Instagram feed in your posts and share them with our community. Gratuitous linking to your blog is not permitted.
- Shilling. If you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s)/Service(s) or favors your own product(s)/service(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation, you will be banned. Vendors who post in threads only to criticize a competitor’s product while promoting their own will also be subject to account termination.
As set forth in our Terms of Service a violation of any of the above-listed forum rules can result in the loss of posting privileges and termination of your Hijab Forum account. We also reserve the right to terminate any user, at any time, and for any reason. We further reserve the right to delete, without warning or explanation, posted materials or messages that violate these terms. We reserve the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
Hijab Forum and its employees are not responsible for the use of any information posted by users on Hijab Forum. Hijab Forum is not responsible for the content of any of the messages posted in the Hijab Forum or of the authenticity of its authors. All opinions and views expressed in the Hijab Forum are solely those of their respective authors.
We reserve the right to change the aforementioned rules and terms from time to time, consistent with provisions set forth in our Terms of Service.
By registering with and participating on Hijab Forum, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.