These Terms of Service are applicable to our Hijab Forum website located at www.hijabforum.com, which includes our Hijab Forum site, (which is referred to collectively in these Terms of Service as “Hijab Forum”). These Terms of Service contain the terms and conditions that govern your use of Hijab Forum, and your use of Hijab Forum constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to these Terms of Service.
In order to participate in the interactive portions of Hijab Forum, including Hijab Forum, you must first register with us through our on-line registration process, as described in Section 4 below.
Notice Regarding Dispute Resolution: These Terms of Service contain provisions that govern how claims you and we may have against each other are resolved (see section 13 below), including an agreement and obligation to arbitrate disputes, which will, subject to limited exceptions, require you to submit claims you have against us to binding arbitration, unless you opt-out in accordance with section 13(E). Unless you opt-out of arbitration: (a) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against us on an individual basis, not as part of any class or representative action or proceeding and (b) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.
1. Updates to these Terms of Service. We may modify these Terms of Service from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to these Terms of Service by posting the amended terms on Hijab Forum at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of the changes, and posting a notice on our website announcing the forthcoming changes. If you are a registered user of Hijab Forum, we will notify you of material changes to these Terms of Service by email at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of the changes. It is therefore very important that you make sure we have a current email address for you on file so that you will receive notice of any material changes. If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of Hijab Forum prior to the time the new Terms of Service take effect. If you continue using Hijab Forum after the new terms take effect, you will be bound by the modified Terms of Service.
2.Affirmative Representations Regarding Your Use of Hijab Forum. When you use Hijab Forum, you represent that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) your use of Hijab Forum and your use of services available on Hijab Forum do not violate any applicable law or regulation; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) you are of sufficient legal age or otherwise have legal capacity to legally enter into these Terms of Service.
4. Member Accounts and Registration
Member Registration. You can visit and browse Hijab Forum without becoming a registered member of Hijab Forum, but you will not be able to access the interactive portion of Hijab Forum or other interactive features, unless you are a registered member of Hijab Forum. You can sign up to become a registered member of Hijab Forum by completing the registration process. If you sign up to become a registered member of Hijab Forum, you agree: (a) to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Hijab Forum’s registration form (the “Registration Data”); (b) to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; (c) not to use the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or in a way that otherwise causes confusion as to the origin of your account; and (d) that you will comply with the Hijab Forum Rules which are incorporated into these Term of Service by reference.
Member Accounts. You will be required to create a user I.D. and password that will be associated with your member account. You may only create one nickname that will be associated with your Hijab Forum account. You may not: (a) select or use as a user I.D. a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (b) use as a user I.D. a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (c) use as a user I.D. a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or to cancel, a user I.D., in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user I.D. and password. As part of your member account, you will be able to create a user profile, invite other registered members to become your contacts on Hijab Forum and post reviews and upload content that you want to share with other members of Hijab Forum and the public generally.
5. Rules Governing User Contributions. If you are a member of Hijab Forum and you are logged in to your member account, you may be able to submit comments and content through Hijab Forum, and other interactive areas on Hijab Forum, including photos and videos (“Contributions”). By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent and warrant that you own the rights to any Contributions that you post on or through Hijab Forum or other interactive features on Hijab Forum, or that you have authorization from the rights owner to post such Contributions on or through our websites. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, any Contributions that you post on or through Hijab Forum or other interactive features on Hijab Forum. Your Contributions are subject to the Hijab Forum Rules. The Hijab Forum Rules are part of and are governed by these Terms of Service, and by agreeing to these Terms of Service, you agree to be bound by the Hijab Forum Rules. If additional rules apply to other interactive features on PurseBlog, we will provide those rules to you prior to the time you begin using the applicable interactive feature.
6. Rights in Contributions
Ownership of Contributions. We do not claim any ownership rights in the Contributions that you post on or through Hijab Forum. After posting your Contributions on Hijab Forum, you continue to retain any rights you may have in your Contributions, including any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions, subject to the license you grant to us below.
Grant of License to Us for Contributions. By making a Contribution to Hijab Forum, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Contribution to anyone else in addition to us), fully-paid, royalty-free (meaning that we are not required to pay you to use your Contribution), sublicensable (so that we can use affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as wireless carriers and hosted service providers to make Hijab Forum available to you) and worldwide (because the Internet is global in reach) license to use, modify, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute the Contribution in connection with Hijab Forum, our business or the promotion thereof in any media formats and through any media channels now known or subsequently created. This license does not grant us the right to sell your Contributions. If you remove your Contributions from PurseBlog, we will cease use of your Contributions as soon as practicable; however, you understand and agree that we may retain archived copies of your Contributions.
7. Our Intellectual Property Rights. Except for your Contributions and the Contributions of other users of Hijab Forum, all of the content on Hijab Forum (“Materials”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained on Hijab Forum, are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under Canada and foreign laws and international conventions. Hijab Forum and the Materials are for your information and personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. All rights not expressly granted in and to Hijab Forum and the Materials are reserved. You further agree not to access Hijab Forum by any means other than through the interface that we provide, unless otherwise specifically authorized by us in a separate written agreement.
8. Our Management of Hijab Forum; User Misconduct
Our Right to Manage Hijab Forum. We reserve the right, but do not undertake the obligation to: (a) monitor or review Hijab Forum for violations of these Terms of Service and for compliance with our policies; (b) report to law enforcement authorities and/or take legal action against anyone who violates these Terms of Service; (c) refuse, restrict access to or the availability of, or remove, delete, edit or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any Contribution or any portion thereof that may violate these Terms of Service, the law or any of our policies, or that is excessive in size or burdensome; (d) manage Hijab Forum in a manner designed to protect our and third parties’ rights and property or to facilitate the proper functioning of Hijab Forum; (e) screen our users or members, or attempt to verify the statements of our users or members; and/or (f) monitor disputes between you and other users or to termination or block you and other users for violating these Terms of Service.
Interactions with other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of Hijab Forum. Please note that there are risks that may arise when dealing with strangers, including persons who may be acting under false pretenses. Please choose carefully the information you post on Hijab Forum and that you give to other users of Hijab Forum. You are discouraged from publicly posting your telephone number or street address on Hijab Forum. Information posted to Hijab Forum by other users of Hijab Forum may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases may be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through Hijab Forum.
Our Right to Terminate Users. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF these Terms of Service, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF Hijab Forum TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN these Terms of Service, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act & Intellectual Property Rights Policy; Communications Decency Act. We consider the protection of copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights of utmost importance. We follow the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and, in addition to following the notice and take down provisions of the DMCA, we may also take similar action in response to notices based on other rights. Further, we will terminate in appropriate circumstances the account and access rights of users of our services who are repeat infringers. If you are a copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, or the legal agent of a rights owner, and you believe that any user Contribution on Hijab Forum infringes upon your copyrights or other intellectual property, you may submit a notification pursuant to our DMCA & Intellectual Property Rights Policy [insert link]. You agree that (a) Hijab Forum is an interactive service provider within the meaning of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. § 230 (the “CDA”); (b) certain content on Hijab Forum is not created by Hijab Forum and that other users of Hijab Forum may be the sole creators of such content; (c) any claims against Hijab Forum arising out of content that is created by other users would be treating Hijab Forum as a publisher of such content; and (d) claims under the Lanham Act (also known as the Trademark Act of 1946) that are not trademark claims are not intellectual property claims and, thus, Hijab Forum enjoys immunity under the CDA with respect to such claims.
Prohibited Use. You may only use services provided by Hijab Forum as expressly permitted by Hijab Forum. You may not cause harm to our websites or other interactive features provided by Hijab Forum. Specifically, without limitation, you may not: (i) interfere with websites and services provided by Hijab Forum by using viruses or any other programs or technology designed to disrupt or damage any software or hardware; (ii) modify, creative derivative works from, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any technology used by Hijab Forum; (iii) interfere with, or disrupt the access of any user, host or network including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or scripting in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on Hijab Forum; (iv) use a robot, spider or other device or process to monitory the activity on, or copy pages from, our websites except in the operation or use of an internet “search engine” or similar technology; (v) collect electronic email addresses or other information from third parties by using Hijab Forum; (vi) impersonate another person or entity; (vii) use any meta tags, search terms, key terms, or the like that contain Hijab Forum name or trademark or the names or trademarks of third parties without first obtaining a license; (viii) engage in any activity that interferes with another user’s ability to use or enjoy Hijab Forum; or (iv) assist or encourage any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited by these Terms of Service.
Legal Disputes and Arbitration Agreement
Please Read This Following Clause Carefully – It May Significantly Affect Your Legal Rights, Including Your Right to File a Lawsuit in Court
12. Initial Dispute Resolution. We are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to address any concerns you may have regarding your use of Hijab Forum. Most concerns may be quickly resolved in this manner. Each of you agrees to use best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations which shall be a precondition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
13. No Modifications by Our Employees or Moderators. If any of our employees or PurseForum moderators (who are not PurseBlog employees) offers to modify the terms of these Terms of Service, he or she is not acting as an agent for us or speaking on our behalf. You may not rely, and should not act in reliance on, any statement or communication from our employees, PurseForum moderators, or anyone else purporting to act on our behalf.